Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

Free Friday Fun!!

Today consisted of a money saving morning of freebies & cheapies! First up... WINN DIXIE! Do you remember in this post where I talked about "not being the lady that clears the shelves" in stores? Well.. I have a confession... I was just that lady (sorry). I glanced at Winn Dixie's ad today to make sure there wasn't anything that I just had to have... but there was... BROWNIES! In fact, I needed 12 boxes of them! Duncan Hines Brownies were on sale for B1G1 free... AND (here's the exciting part) I had a coupon for B2G1 free!  That means I would be buying 12 boxes of brownies for the price of two (under $5)! If you are a teacher, you know that brownies are gold! And it takes two boxes to feed 20 sugar craving kiddos! So... I indeed cleared the shelf. I also had 7 coupons for White Castles for $.50 cents off... which doubles to $1.00. You don't see a lot of these coupons and they expire tomorrow so... I cleared the shelf again. However, I bought some Yoplait yogurt and left plenty behind for others. I apologize to anyone who is going to Winn Dixie today in hopes of brownies and White Castles... I'm usually not like this... 

12 boxes of brownies, 7 boxes of White Castles, & 12 containers of Yoplait Yogurt for  $36.87!
I saved  $34.30! Almost 50%!






After saving money at Winn Dixie, I drove to Ruby Tuesday for a free meal (gosh... I love coupons!). Ruby Tuesday's isn't my most favorite place in the world, but I have respect for free food. I ordered it to go, and parked in the ToGo parking space that I rarely get to take advantage of at restaurants.  I walked in, claimed my burger, they wished me a "Happy Birthday" (it's not my birthday), and left. Day well done if I do say so myself...


No comments:

Post a Comment