Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Out of my way!



Something happened to me last night. I went just a little insane. First, let me say that I haven't went on a major couponing adventure in a few weeks. I decided it was nonsense to drive to Montgomery for just a couple of items. However, I still check Publix's flyers just to be safe. Well last night, the teacher in me pushed me over the edge. I noticed that Publix was having a buy one get one free sale on kids' scissors priced at $2.99. Then, I found a coupon that was $1.00 off any pair of Scotch scissors... and it even let me print off as many as my heart desired (SCORE!!). I didn't want to be the "lady" that clears the shelf, so I decided 8 pairs would be good enough (after all...it's for the kids). Since I was going, it only made sense to look at my other coupons and catch some other sales. Then it dawned on me, could anyone else be after those scissors too? I started to get concerned so I googled to see what time Publix opened.. and it said 7:00. Who opens at 7:00!?! And there was no way that I was getting up any earlier than 9:00... but that's when it happened. I switched over to the crazy coupon lady.  I left my house at 6:38 this morning (INSANE... I tell ya!). I arrived at Publix at 7:10. I felt relieved that not too many cars were in the parking lot... but then I saw a couple people walking with binders. It would only take one person to steal MY scissors, and that was NOT going to happen. I grabbed a buggy and dashed to the school supplies. To my heart's delight, not one pair had been taken (YAY!)... so I did what any other teacher would do... I bought two of each color! Then I made my way through the store to score some other deals. I mainly hit the buy one get one free sales, combined with a coupon of course. I had almost everything I came for except for some band-aids, so I made my way to the first-aid section of the store. And they were GONE! I knew those other binder ladies were up to no good! So I did what any other crazy coupon lady would do.. I checked out and went to another Publix.  I traded my buggy for a simple basket and raced to the first aid... and they were GONE! What kind of people get up at 7:00 to buy band-aids?! Those LOSERS! (What?!) So I grabbed a couple more items and checked my band-aidless self out. But I still didn't do too bad. Let's take a look:

Here are my purchases from both Publix stores. Incase you can't tell there are: 6  Mini Wheats, 4 Ritz  Crackers, 2  Splenda  boxes, 3 boxes of Pop Tarts, 1 Chex Mix, 1 spray can of Raid, 1 Almond Milk (always wanted to try), 4 Yoplait Smoothies, 2 Lean Pockets, 4 cans of Pedigree, 6 cans of Chef-Boyardee, 2 lady products ;-), 2 boxes of Glad trash bags, and EIGHT
PAIRS OF FREE SCISSORS!!


Want to know how much I paid?
$36.18 (1st store) + $13.26 (2nd store) = $49.44 (that's including tax)

BAM! Look at that crazy lady saving all that money!

So how much did I save?
Publix sale savings (B1G1): $44.81 + $4.96 = $49.77
Publix store/competitor coupons:  $12.94
Manufacturer coupons: $7.38 + $21.75= $29.13
Grand Total Savings= $91.84
 (Now who wishes they would have been at Publix at 7:00?)
Life is grand... 

1st Store Receipt 

2nd Store Receipt


No comments:

Post a Comment