Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

What is... funny?!

Summer has really really REALLY messed up my sleeping routine. I've been falling asleep somewhere between 1:00-2:00 every morning night, which is going to kick my hiney when school starts back. Anyways, the other night I decided to "wait it out" through watching t.v (since counting sheep never seems to work). Time passed by quickly and before I knew it, Jimmy Fallon was walking across my television screen. Now I enjoy late night talk shows. I crack a laugh every now and then while watching Jay Leno or Conan O' Brien. However, I never really cared for Jimmy Fallon. I'm not sure if it's because I'm usually asleep when his show comes on, or because he just isn't that funny to me. Anyways, his show was on, so I figured I'd attempt to watch it. The main reason in my choice was because Ryan Gosling ("if you're a bird... I'm a bird") was making a guest appearance. Anyways...one of Jimmy Fallon's activities of the night involved sharing some of his viewers' embarrassing stories, which they had sent him through email. One of the stories was from a guy complaining about his mother dressing him for Halloween when he was a child. He said that for a few years, it was always the same. She made him dress up like Alex Trebek. Here's the good part (are you ready?)... his mother would walk him to different people's doors and wait for them to answer. Whenever they opened the door, he had to say "What is trick-or-treat?" Hahahaha! Now that's funny!

I guess I can't really blame the mother that did this to her poor defenseless child. If I had a little boy right now, it would be very tempting to dress him up like Dwight Schrute. Instead of saying "What is trick-or-treat?"....I'd make him say something like "Why would I flatter you by saying trick-or-treat, when you are doing something that I am perfectly capable of doing myself."  Good ole' Dwight...

No comments:

Post a Comment