Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

It's a Sock in a Bun!

Some of my favorite blogs are those describing how to create different hairstyles.... because my hair is BoRiNg at mostly all times. It's flat when I want it to puff, it's stringy when I want it to curl, and it pretty much never seems to cooperate. Now... many people would say that I'm a creative person. Give me a paintbrush... and I'll paint your name all cutesy. Give me some Modge Podge... and I'll transform any surface into art. Give me a melody... and I'll write you a song. Give me a hairstyle... and I'll make a tangled hot mess. I came across this technique called the sock bun. You're supposed to get a sock, cut the toe off, and roll it into a donut. Then you put your hair in a ponytail, and basically work to mold your hair into the shape of the sock. This method is supposed to make beautiful curls if you sleep in it at night (with your hair damp).
 Through trying this technique, I've come to realize two things:

Realization #1 (negative): There is not a sock in this whole world that is going to produce curls in my hair.

Realization #2 (positive): The sock bun makes my hair look fuller, and gives me a sassy Wilma Flintstone look.

And you know what.... I think I like it.  

 =

No comments:

Post a Comment