Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Is that a... BULLDOZER!?


In case you haven't heard, I'm looking at closing on a house soon. It's located in a neighborhood that I've always said I wanted to live in, and it even has a garage! The best part (for me) is that it's a foreclosure... meaning I can get it at a cheaper price. The downside.. is that there is major cleaning up to do, and a few repairs also. Since I entered the realm of closing, I frequently like to stop by and look around my future home. In fact, so do my family members. We'll stop by, walk around, smile a lot... and then get in our vehicles and depart. Then, we do it again within 48 hours. It's kind of our thing. Well this weekend I stopped by with my mother, grandmother, and a relative.I should go ahead and tell you that my grandmother is a hoarder collector. She likes to collect many things! Like antiques, barbie dolls, McDonald toys, and other junk items! Well... after all the ooh's and ahh's we walked outside to the back of my future home. Now the people that used to live in this house had a kid with a very good arm. So good... that he could sling his toys over the fence into the forest greenery. Now to everyone else... you think what a mess... but to my grandmother... it's a jackpot. It was like an Easter egg hunt, spotting all the toys behind the fence. The only problem was that they were so far out that no one could reach them.... you would think. My mother found a big stick, and she used it to scoot all the toys they spotted to the edge of the fence, which was pretty impressive because they were so far out. Then, my relative used another stick to support both sides of the toy to sort of sling it up. This is where my grandmother's job came in... to catch the toy. She had a pretty decent loot by the end of the job!

No comments:

Post a Comment