Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Floors...spiders... and creepers... oh my!

The parents woke me up early at 9:00 this morning to inform me that Lowe's was having a store-wide sale. They told me that the sale included a style of hardwood laminate flooring that matched the one already in my house. (I should probably fill you in by sharing that there are hardwood laminate floors in the den, but the bedrooms all have dirt capturing carpet). Mom and Dad know how I feel about sales (especially considering I have a 10% off coupon), so I rolled out of bed, threw myself together, and drove to meet them at my pending home for a personal color match check. The parents were waiting for me inside with an opened box of planks, that they purchased for me to review. I snapped a couple planks together on top of the carpet, tilted my head from side to side, knelt down like a ninja, and finally decided that the colors did indeed match. Before leaving the house to purchase the flooring, I shared my last night's Lifetime Movie experience with my dad. Lifetime Movies always involve a little love, murder, deception, and basically a bunch of crazy people. The movie I watched last night involved this man who snuck into this woman's garage every night, and hid in her attic. He drugged her while she was asleep... and I'll leave the rest to your imagination. I opened the door to my garage and pointed out the attic entrance, while asking dad if there was any way to fill it with cement. Daddy wasn't paying me much attention, and instead he was walking around the garage pointing out bugs to freak me out. As he was inspecting the surroundings, I heard him say "uh-oh" (Daddy never says "uh-oh"). I now regret even asking him what was wrong in the first place. No... there wasn't a crazy man trying to sneak into the garage... but this was just about as horrible! Daddy found... a... black widow spider on the garage door railing! I thought I was going to pass out right there (I would post a picture of it on here... but I don't want to see it each time I look at my blog). So my lesson for today, thanks to Lifetime Network and spiders, is... garages may not be as safe as you think ::sigh::.

First things on the move-in checklist: bug man and padlocks.... and a tornado shelter...

No comments:

Post a Comment